The NSW Telco Authority is governed by a collaborative Board of ten part-time members and a Managing Director. The membership includes an independent Chair and both independent and government members.
The Authority and its Board are responsible for the strategic direction of radio telecommunications in NSW. This includes determining a whole-of-Government strategy, prioritising investment decisions and developing and implementing State-wide policy affecting planning, development, operations and maintenance.
In accordance with the Act and to ensure broad representation of key stakeholders, the Board is comprised of members nominated as follows:
- Kate Foy, Managing Director
- Shane Fitzsimmons, Member, nominated by the Minister for Finance, Services and Property, in concert with Minister for Police and Emergency Services
- Kaaren Koomen, Deputy Chairperson nominated by the Minister for Finance, Services and Property
- Philip Gardner, Member, nominated by the Treasurer
- Damon Rees, Member, nominated by Minister for Finance, Services and Property
- Clare Gardiner-Barnes, nominated by the Minister for Transport and Infrastructure
- Beth Jackson, nominated by the Premier
The affairs of the NSW Telco Authority are managed by the Managing Director, Kate Foy.
The constitution and responsibilities of the Board are outlined in the Government Telecommunications Act 1991.